We’re happy to present this article by Alex Alexander from one of our favorite sites, YourTango.
A daddy-daughter relationship is one like no other. It’s a relationship cherished deeply between both father and daughter. As a new father you may nervous about how you will maintain a relationship with your new daughter, but don’t fear, a natural and special bond will form on its own. If you’re really anxious though here are some tips mentioned on Popsugar about what daughters want out of a daddy-daughter relationship.
- Tell your daughter she’s beautiful – help her build her self-esteem and give her the validation she will soon need.
- Make her feel protected – you’re her father, she’s going to look to you for safety and protection.
- Scan her potential boyfriends in the future – she might act like you’re crazy but she’ll feel special about how protective you are over her. Just don’t go overboard!
- Be sweet with her mother – your daughter is going to look up to her mother as her role model, it’s important for you to show your daughter how much you respect and love her role model.
- Ditch your embarrassing fashion choices – this is just best for the both of you. Ditch the fanny packs.
- Brag about her – even though your daughter may appear embarrassed or bashful she’ll secretly love being reassured how proud of her you are.
- Give her a break – as your daughter grows and gets older she will make mistakes but don’t be too hard on her, she’s doing the best she can.
Again, we’re sure your bond with your daughter will grow into a special relationship on its own and in no time, but these tips might give you a place to start. Cherish your daughter and all of your memories together and you will have a beautiful bond.